Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions have been a staple of SC conferences since they were still called Supercomputing conferences. SC08 continues this tradition with a full schedule of exciting, informal, interactive sessions devoted to special topics, including
- Systems (e.g. Ranger, Roadrunner), Product Lines (e.g. BlueGene, Altix, Cell), and Architectures (e.g. clusters, grids)
- Software Packages (e.g. MPICH, OSCAR, PBS, Rocks, TotalView)
- Lists and Competitions (e.g. Top500, Green 500, HPC Challenge)
- Languages and Programming Models (e.g. OpenMP, MPI, PGAS)
- Government Initiatives and Groups (e.g. NITRD, grant policy, NSF HECURA)
Future of HPC (e.g. pathways to the future, trends)
In addition, there are many other specialized topics, from fault tolerance to parallel I/O. With 54 BOFs (selected from over 100 submission) over the course of 3 days, there is sure to be something of interest for everyone.
BOFs meet every day at 12:15-1:15 and 5:30-7:00. Follow the link at the top of the page for a full list of activities.